Are you ready to get rid of your land-line?
Like every one else, I had seen the tacky infomercials about the Magic Jack on TV. About a year ago, I was in Colombia South America, and I needed to call home to get important information. I was sitting at a meeting, and I asked around where to get a calling card. I thought that was the cheapest way to call in to the USA. When you travel abroad you have to be very careful where you make your phone calls. Years ago, I called my husband every other day for less than 5 minutes and three weeks later my phone bill was over $700. I am not exaggerating. It was almost as expensive as my three week hotel bill which was a nice hotel.
Going back to the meeting... A guy asked around if anyone had a wireless laptop, which some one did, and he proceeded to disconnect the phone of the wall and hook up the the phone and the magic Jack to the laptop, I was able to call for free, and I was hooked.
I have used my Magic Jack for the past year, and I have been very satisfied with it. It doesn't work with a Fax machine, but between the scanner on my fax machine, Docusign and the Fax at the office, I have yet to miss my Fax machine.
Pros of using Magic Jack
- No monthly phone bills plus the high land line add on taxes and service charges.
- You can call all over the USA whether a cell or land-line
- Inbound calls to the USA are free
- You can hook it up to any computer, and you always have the same phone number
- Caller ID
- International calls out of the USA for a fee
- $40 bucks to start and $20 every year after that
- Voice-mail that you can hear by calling your MJ phone number or open as MP3 file by email.
- The website says free Directory Assistance, although, I haven't used that service
- No Fax Service
Check out their website Magicjack.com
Call me at: 757-502-5324 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 757-502-5324
Are you ready to get rid of your land-line? was first published on Hampton Roads Real Estate VoiceCopyright © 2010 By Tere Rottink, All Rights Reserved.