The Neptune Festival in Virginia Beach is is this coming this weekend on the boardwalk at the Oceanfront. This festival is considered the best local event for many locals and tourists alike. It is always held the last weekend in September. It extends over 32 blocks at the Oceanfront. The Neptune Festival in Virginia Beach is a series of events that include a golf tournament, and wine festivals held in May. In June there is a tennis tournament and in September there are a thriathlon, wine festival, seniors gala, a beach bash to benefit CHKD and Neptune's 8k, 5k, and 1 mile run.
The boardwalk weekend and the 8k/5k/1M runs are happening this weekend. The run starts at the 24th street Park down Atlantic Avenue to the Rudee Inlet and ends back at 24th street park.
Many activities, vendors and events are happening throughout the weekend starting on Friday September 24th to Sunday the 26th.
The Neptune Festival's grand finale is the Boardwalk Weekend. The best known event is the Sand sculpting Competition. It is held on September 24, starting on 5th street to 10th street.
The Arts an Crafts show is produced with the Contemporary Arts Center of Virginia. It has over 300 exhibitors who display original work along the boardwalk. Art is available for sale.
The arts an craft show runs through the weekend.
On Saturday the 25th The Neptune Festival in Virginia Beach
- There is the volleyball tournament on streets 32nd - 36th. Preregistration is required to be able to participate.
- A Surfing competition is held on 8th street throughout the day. Pre-registration is required to participate.
- Floats, military units, custom characters and marching bands parade starting at 16th street and walk North on Atlantic Avenue. There is a contest for best float.
- The Atlantic Regatta runs throughout the day; watch cruisers and catamarans that sail from Cape Henry to Rudee Inlet.
- Youth day include entertainment for children, interactive games and music.
End the day with the Fireworks Extravaganza held at the 14th street pier. Held at 9PM
On Sunday the 26th
- Kids grades 9-12 can participate in The youth art show where they can display, sell and win prices in several categories.
People from all over the Commonwealth and the State of North Carolina travel to participate and enjoy this Festival.
Live music and food vendors are available through the weekend
To SELL or BUY Real Estate in Virginia Beach, or Hampton Roads visit my website. http://www.tererottink.com/ visit my Blog at HamptonRoadsrealEstateVoice.com
Call me at: 757-502-5324
The Neptune Festival in Virginia Beach was first published on Hampton Roads Real Estate VoiceCopyright © 2010 By Tere Rottink, All Rights Reserved.